I can’t believe how fast this year has gone!
I swear 2019 was the year that all changed us as people. It gave us a few extra grey hairs and scars – physical and mental. I know it has for me.
Since It’s now Christmas eve, i thought i might kill two birds with one stone and do my yearly wrap up post and the release post for my latest book in one post. To save you from being spammed and me from doing extra work lol.
Looking back over the year 2019, I am astounded I got so much done.
Here’s some of the things i achieved this year:
– Attended my first book signing in Canberra (Though it wasn’t very successful. i had to leave early due to heat stroke. It was so damn hot! At least the hotel was lovely.)
– Attended my first big interstate book signing in May in the Barossa Valley. (even though Canberra is technically interstate from me. Not as much as Adelaide)
– Got a new job and promotion at a doggy event company, but then had to leave said job because of harassment.
– Travelled to the USA for the first time! In Hawaii, we went to Kauai Ranch, where they filmed Lost and Jurassic Park, to Tahiti then New Zealand, where i swam with stingrays and went on the Lord of the Rings film set tour respectively. That trip was quite eventful as i got sick multiple times and also fell down the stairs etc. I was quite worrisome for my parents lol.
-Got a kitten! After the death of Smokey 4 years ago, we were terribly sad. We said when the time was right we would welcome a new kitten into our lives. I had always wanted a Ragdoll. So when i found Oscar’s breeder online, i messaged them and they told me there was a litter on the way and would i like to reserve one. I said, yes please! So i reserved my little boy, and then got to watch him grow up via pictures the breeder sent me. I knew him before he was born. My baby boy Oscar is now 1 years old. He is the love of my life and we can’t imagine our lives without him now.
-Became an Auntie for the first time! Well, to a human anyway. I have a puppy niece, Rhye, but little Otis was born in June to my other sister. We love him so much. I can’t wait to spoil him for Christmas.
– Met one of my idols, Sarah J Maas in April.
– Published 6 books!
There might be more but that’s all i can remember for now.
Here’s to a successful 2020!
Oh, before you go, here’s my last release for the year.
A Touch of Sparkle is a christmas short story, ebook only, set in the Written in the Stars world. You can grab it here for only 99 cents.